It is time for the Blank Page Muse February Challenge reveal by the Design Team where we share our projects inspired by the theme. This month's challenge was to incorporate time & hearts and use the color blue. Here is my take on the February challenge using royal blue and gold. I hope you enjoy my sophisticated and romantic valentine. Here is my card...Partners in Time!
Don't forget to visit the rest of the February Blog Hop and see all
the stunning projects by beginning... HERE.
- dark blue card base
- embossing watermark ink pad & gold glitter embossing powder
- heat gun
- Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad (Platinum Planet)
- gold washi tape
- embellishments- gear/clock/key
- gold brad
- alphabet stickers
1. First, create the main elements. Stamp the largest clock with watermark ink and heat set with gold glitter embossing powder. Cut out and set aside.
2. Stamp the sentiment onto transparency with watermark ink and carefully, wipe away the unnecessary letters. Next, heat set with gold glitter embossing powder. Use a sticker letter to modify the sentiment and set aside. Lastly, attach strips of washi tape along the edge of the back interior side of the cardbase.
3. Stamp the blue cardbase with clock faces using platinum pigment ink. Be sure to vary the angle and placement of the impressions to create a random background.
4. Apply black chalk and lightly dust the edges to create a grey aged haze. Adhere the large clock to the cardbase using 3D foam tape and attach a small gold brad to the center.
5. Attach the sentiment to the upper right corner by layering it underneath the clock.
6. Embellish the card with various clusters of vintage charms. (gears, locks, keys, hearts, & clocks)
A Closer Look: