It's that time again where the Blank Page Muse DT reveal their projects. The March Challenge was quite open ended just restricting us to make ATC's which are mini-canvas around 2.5x3.5" I chose to make a trio of similar designs in different color schemes. Beginning March 10th, you may begin the blog hop and see the whole design team's projects available HERE
Begin the Blog Hop HERE (March 10th)
Background Grunge by Pam Bray
Art Journaling #2 Rubber Stamp Set
The stamps for this project can be found at the Blank Page Muse.Other Supplies:
- ink pads (black, pink, lime, yellow)
- sponge applicator
- white & black cardstock
- black marker
- black glitter washi tape
- mounting block
- gear embellishments
- liquid adhesive
1. Stamp a narrow piece of white cardstock with a distressed pattern background stamp. Stamp the image multiple times with black ink by re-inking and then carefully aligning the image to continue the design.
2. Use black ink to stamp the clockwork bird onto white cardstock. Carefully, cut it out.
3. Next, cut the stamped strip into three sections. (2.5" x 3.5")
4. Continue to add texture to the background by stamping a smaller pattern design in random clusters using a single color of ink. Apply the same coordinating color to the inside of the bird.
5. Next, use a sponge applicator to blend coordinating ink lightly around the edges of the ATC. Stamp a word element with black ink, highlight it, and cut it out.
TIP: Vary the placement of elements on each ATC by attaching one bird
in the top third section, mid third, & lower third of the ATC.
6. Outline the bird with a black marker and adhere them with three-dimensional foam tape. Cut a fish tail on one end of black glitter washi tape and attach it underneath the word element. Finally, matte the ATC's on black cardstock leaving a narrow border.
7. Lastly, adhere small black gears scattered around the birds. Tuck some of the gears carefully under the edge of the birds to add depth & interest.
To purchase the stamps to complete this project, visit
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at
The Blank Page Muse Blog
Follow us on Facebook.
Join the Blank Page Muse Fan Group. HERE
Please Join Us in the NEW Monthly Creative Challenge
Come checkout the Blank Page Muse Creative Challenge. This month's theme is ATC's. Simply create a new project following the theme and add it via the Inlinkz linky tool.
There will be a random drawing for a Blank Page Muse Gift Certificate.
You can find all the guidelines HERE.
Thanks for visiting!