Some of you may be aghast at the thought of Christmas in July and others of you may be early-bird planner types...I'm just moved to craft when inspiration strikes, so behold, my first Christmas card of 2015. Linnie Blooms canvas evergreen trees with their distressed edges just seemed the perfect fit for my rustic card. I stamped the clear stamp set of stitched doodles on the tree which was quick & easy and I am so pleased with the result.
A Closer Look:
1. Use a sponge applicator to lightly apply Pine Needles Distress ink to the canvas tree.
2. Carefully separate your chosen doodle from the cluster with sharp scissors.
3. Cover the trunk with a bit of scrap paper. Ink the stamp with evergreen pigment dye ink and carefully press it to the canvas.
4. Continue stamping rows of doodles until the tree is completely covered.
5. Use a sponge applicator to lightly apply Vintage Photo Distress ink to the tree trunk.
TIP: Before beginning, I traced the canvas tree on paper and cut out a tree so that I could use it to practice. One set of doodle stamps are straight and the other is made on a slight curve. I selected the gently curving doodle so the tree would have a more realistic appearance. It was very useful to test different doodle patterns to see how they would appear on the tree. I tried 3 other patterns before I selected the one in the final project. By taking the time and doing a test tree on paper, this pre-planning step can help you avoid frustration and disappointment.
canvas evergreen tree (Linnie Blooms), burlap printed fabric (Linnie Blooms), Stitched Doodles Stamp Set (Linnie Blooms), ColorWays Emerald Leatherbound 12" paper (Paper House), Little Man 8x8 paper pad (Paper House), Winter Wonderland Die Cut Sticker Embellishments (Paper House), Rub On Transfers (Paper House), Pine Needles & Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger) - evergreen pigment dye ink - wood veneer tiny stars & snowflakes (Studio Calico), white gel pen (Sakura), christmas ribbon (Celebrate It), red half pearls
Something NEW at Linnie Blooms:
Check out the new program "BLOOMERS" There are some exciting new happenings and the Bloomer program is like no other!
- Receive FREE Shipping on ALL of your orders.
- Receive exclusive monthly project tutorials.
- Receive an invite to our Annual Bloomer Convention where we will explore
- different ways to create Linnie Blooms style!
- 1% of all sales are donated to Mental Health Awareness