This lovely photo of my friend's silhouette on the beach with her hubby just grabbed me from the second I saw it. It was the perfect choice for our Summer Blog Hop extravaganza. I hope you enjoy my layout called, Sun Kissed.
If you'd like a chance at winning a Summer Beach Prize Pack from Paper House worth $100, then make sure to visit HERE to enter.
A Closer Look:
A Closer Look:
1. Apply a light dusting of brown chalk to the edge of the canvas file folder and matte the central photo on it. Stamp the word "beach" on the tab. Attach the photo cluster to the 8x8 yellow paper overhanging the edge.
2. To add more layers and depth to the layout, carefully cut out the palm trees, fringe the edge of the leaves, and mount them on foam tape for a more realistic look. Also, cut palm tree silhouettes from black cardstock and adhere them behind the photo cluster.
3. Create a mock horizon by layering a strip of torn tan paper (sand) on top of the ocean paper (water). Arrange them to go behind the main photo to create the appearance of the horizon.
4. Next, stamp seashells on shrink plastic using copper & gold ink. Now stamp the palm tree onto shrink plastic and color if desired. Carefully, cut around the images and use a heat gun to shrink. (TIP: If you want to make a charm that hangs, punch a small whole with a paper punch before you shrink the image.)
5. Finally, embellish the layout to create the beach scene with seashell buttons, starfish, flip flops, swim suits, sunglasses...etc (I'll warn you now, I confess...I am an over-embellisher!)
Supplies: Emerald Mini Trim Cards 12" ColorWays -Paper House, At the Lake Wood 12" -Paper House, Little Girl & Little Man 8x8 paper pad -Paper House, ColorWays Sapphire Trim Cards 12" scrapbook paper -Paper House, Endless Summer Snapshot Stickers -Paper House, Sunshine & Nautical Cork'd Stickers -Paper House, Our Big Adventure Cardstock Stickers -Paper House, Canvas Mini File Folder -Linnie Blooms, Summer Collection Wood Veneer -American Crafts, Ornamental Shells Stamp Set LL732 -Hero Arts, Palm Tree rubber stamp -Stampcraft, clear shrink plastic -Shrinkles, copper & gold ink -Brilliance, heat gun, black cardstock, seashell buttons -Dress It Up, plastic palm leaves, burlap fabric, StazOn black ink -Tsukineko, chalk -Inkadinkado
Visit Paper House to see their fantastic range of
beach & seaside papers & embellishments.
Return to Paper House for the full list of
Summer Blog Stops.