Saturday 27 June 2020

Lavender Ballerina Card

I love silhouette images but I especially love this ballet dancer.  I used the same flower stamp to create all the flowers with different mediums...heat embossing, vellum, watercolor, ink, & pink patterned mulberry.  I only recently discovered micro-beads and I love the realistic look it gives to the center of flowers.   I don't use washi tape as much as I should so I was feeling so proud to finally use some as a faux lace strip along the bottom edge.  Some simple hand stitching allowed me to make a quick ruffle tutu from glitter netting to mimic the ruffles on the cake.


This card is submitted into the following challenges...
Creative Embellishments June Challenge

(Bingo - middle column - pearls/flowers/die cut)




Rubber Stamps:
flower, ballet dancer, music notes (The Artistic Stamper)

6 comments:

sandie said...

Karen this is so full of creativity. The flowers made using different mediums is such a good idea and adds fabulous texture to your card and the beads do look so realistic-I agree! And wow to the tutu, adore the netting. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Laura Gilhuly said...

lovely! Thank you for playing along with Creative Embellishments!

Heather said...

Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments this month. Just darling.

Shauna said...

What a fun card! I like all the embellishments and colors that you incorporated. Thanks for sharing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Maggi said...

Love how you used the flower die! Thanks for joining in the Creative Embellishments challenge.

Elena said...

I'm glad you participated in the challenge.
I love your project.