Monday 25 May 2020

Tiny Mermaid Card

Hey There,
I must confess this is the first time I tried to use an embossing folder on glitter card stock and I'm so glad I tried it.  To really make the bubbles jump off the page, I added Glossy Accents over some of them.  I do love the effect.

This card is submitted into the following challenges...

STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge


STAMPlorations CAS May Challenge



Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge (circles)
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge (anything goes)
Crafty Gals Corner  #207 (For the Ladies)

Time Out Challenges #162 (anything goes)

5 comments:

sandie said...

What a good idea Karen to use a EF with glitter card-I must try this! And adding the glossy accents is inspired too-really feels like the beautifully coloured mermaid is swimming in the sea! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Shona Chambers said...

I've never tried embossing glitter cardstock either but you've inspired me to give it a go! And would never have thought to add Glossy Accents on top either so thanks for the inspiration. Your colouring of the mermaid is so pretty with all the pastels, you've really brought her to life. Definitely a great idea for our challenge theme and so glad to see you again at TIME OUT!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your sweet mermaid. That card stock is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at Time Out!

Nonni said...

What a fun idea to use glitter card for dry embossing. Stunning background! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

cm said...

Beautiful glittery ocean for your sweet mermaid! So pretty! I've not tried embossing glitter paper; something new to try! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the STAMPlorations CAS gallery!
~carol